Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Month of May

So I am on the plane right now.  It is taking longer than I thought it would so I thought I would work on a blog post.  This last month home has been really great, really busy, and REALLY fast.  It is hard to believe it is gone already. 

I guess I’ll just start with the half marathon.  After finals mother came and picked me up and we went to Louisville KY.  I ran the half marathon with Aunt Linda.  The weather was absolutely perfect for a nice long run, sunny breezy, cold in the morning and cool in the afternoon.  She did an amazing job and it was really fun to be able to run with her.  We went through Churchill Downs which was pretty sweet.  Also, I love it when there are people cheering for you on a run and there are water stations.  Wish I had those luxuries during training!  I know that I could have run the marathon but I do not regret my decision at all.

During the month while I was home I worked for my boss from the last two summers doing landscaping and making some money, otherwise I would have gotten bored and grumpy. One day after work one of the guys I work with offered to drive me home on his motorcycle.  It was my first ride ever and so awesome and I am so totally getting one in the future. 

I also helped mother dear with the landscaping at our house to help prepare for Jordan’s graduation party.  We started in the front and I totally re-edged using sandstone and I put in a french drain to help the water not spatter.  One night I was working on it and it was pouring rain and I was super muddy and it was dinner time.  But mother dear didn’t want me to stop working and get cleaned up, and I couldn’t come in the house muddy, so she stood on the front porch and fed me my dinner.  Occasionally I do like being a baby again. Here are a couple of pics I just found.

see the joy in my face? see it? oh, you must have blinked 

The reason I'm blurry is cause I'm moving so fast Good news! we found the joy for this pic!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another fun adventure was going to pick up Marriana after she got back from Austria.  She stayed in Steubenville for a few days and then called to be picked up.  She thought that only I was coming but I took Jordan and Timmy with me.  When we got to her campus I stowed them in the trunk of Daddy’s car.  (by the way, I’m no longer on the plane, I’m in my room in Farmington New Mexico! Yay).  Her friend sat in the front seat to give me directions to pick up her luggage and she sat in the back which worked out perfectly.  We started driving and Timmy stuck his head out of the middle seat and said, “Hello my fruity pebbles” in his Russian accent.  Marriana screamed from joy and I pulled over to her demands to open the trunk so she could hug him.  And instead of Timmy getting out of the trunk Jordan did first……It was a good surprise.

Other fun stuff I did…. I’m trying to summarize this as much as possible. I went to the high school talent show and Timmy won first place.  He played You Raised Me Up on the piano while one of his friends sang.  They did awesome.  I went back to Marietta for a day to go to a friend’s graduation ceremony.The  next day I ran in Abby’s schools 5k and was the fastest female runner.   My time was around 22 min. I attended Jordan, Abby, and Sarah’s dance recital.  Jordan was of course awesome, Abby was practically perfect in every way, and Sarah was hilarious.  She jumped around and chased people around the stage, I laughed so hard that I cried.  I went to Joey’s t-ball practice, he had a really good hit, I’m sad that I won’t be home for any of his games. The next night I went to Olive Garden for the second time ever with some pretty awesome people ;) Then the next night was Timmy and Micah’s piano recital.  Then Friday night I went with the Hart family to Cleveland to have dinner with the adoption group that we went to China with.  Saturday was Jordan’s much anticipated graduation party.  Again, all of this stuff was awesome and fun and all that, I’m just trying to get through it so I can get to the New Mexico stuff on my next post. 

The night of Jordan’s graduation party after it started sprinkling rain and most of the people had left, we did some fuego magic.  We burned 6 pallets and a dried out pine tree and completed operation JJ.  Operation JJ was the code name Timmy and I gave to throwing flour on the fire.  I bought a rather large bag before the party and it was really cool when someone would throw a fistful onto the fire.  It was REALLY TOTALLY AWESOME when 8-10 people threw large amounts onto the fire at one time! Needless to say one bag was not enough so we went and got two more big bags and a little one.  Being the cool kids that we are we placed a diaper on the little one and named it baby JJ, then we burned it.  Don’t ask me why but it was super fun.

Sunday was my last day in Norwalk and it was a good one.  We went to church in the morning then some of Marriana’s friends came over.  We played frisbee at the res and then went to Aunt Linda’s for a picnic.  There was a really great water balloon fight on the new ghetto fort.  Little kids against the big kids.  Epic.  Then we did poppers, snappers, and sparklers.  The next day I got on a plane for New Mexico and now I am here and eager to take pictures and blog.  I just needed to get caught up so thanks for bearing with me.   

3 comments:

  1. mother dear is very thankful for all of your help! it was wonderful to have you home for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird how much I like reading about what's going on in your life, even when I've been there for most of it! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is amazing how much FUN you pack into so little time!!!

    ReplyDelete