So I have been on break for almost a month now and have no pictures to show for it. One of the reasons I started a blog was so that I would take more pictures. Fail. And I think that everybody who would read this already knows about my life but I'm bored and feel like writing.
This break started out a little crazy as plans changed last minute about how I was getting home and everything. It didn't help that my Physics exam lasted 3 hours. I was expecting to get done and meet my parents in Marietta but that didn't happen, I ended up going to Parkersburg to pick up two birthday cakes and then driving to Cambridge where I met some of my family at Cracker Barrel. Thankfully I had a car. I have really enjoyed having my own transportation at school the last two months it will be sad going back without it.
Anyways I wasn't supposed to be home on Friday but it worked out that way so I got to be there for Joey's 6th birthday and he got a spiderman suit and jumped on me to wake me up in the morning. A few days later Ironman (Micah) joined him in this daily joy. So I got to be home for that and Timmy and Micah's piano recital. I'm so proud of them.
For the first week after I got back Marriana and I had decided to help Mother with homeschooling Micah and Joey. It is fun and stressful at the same time. Joey is my buddy and is a hard one to keep focused. And now that school has started for them again, lets just say this is also going to be a fun week.
The Church Christmas dinner went well. The youth group always puts on some kind of skit/entertainment for the people. We did a kind of Biggest Loser thing with special guests from.....everywhere. It was interesting and funny even though we were scrambling to get it together last minute like we always do and say that next year we won't.
I always like Christmas for the family time. There are no words to describe the atmosphere of family. Sure I can tell you what we did, and I will, but it just brings a good warm fuzzy feeling when I think about Christmas in general. Our family always does the advent wreath where we light candles representing different people in the Christmas story. I'm very glad Marriana is here because I have always lit the second candle and so I still got to because she lit the first one for Daniel. Another family tradition is good food and we had lots of it, so much I won't even put it all because it would take too long to read and would make me even more hungry. Uncle Mark and Aunt Cathy and my cousin Terri came to visit for 2 days before Christmas and which was pretty cool. Then Christmas day is always exciting and hectic. I have to say my favorite present was the toothpaste :)
The day after Christmas we packed up and drove to KY which happens to be my birthstate. I love it there and had a great time with everybody (even the shopping part) and guitars and children everywhere and gator rides and gun shooting and visits from friends and the cave and the cows and the hay......yeah, it was pretty fun.
Now it is the week before I go back to school. This break has gone by very quickly but it has been good on so many levels. I don't feel as though I have gotten a whole lot done but I am doing my best to be helpful to my mom with a happy heart. Alot has happened in the last three weeks but I am looking forward to getting back to my routine and schedule and my family in Marietta. Although I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to again to my family here.
we'll miss you. thanks for posting even though we "already know it all."
ReplyDeletelove you.
Thanks for sharing--glad you had so many "warm fuzzies" on your break. I'll miss you, but then, I won't be here either. Keep posting and I'll be able to keep up with what you're doing. Love you, Nana
ReplyDelete