So, this week has been very busy for me which is mostly a good thing. I've worked both my jobs, (which I will probably blog more about later when I get more pictures), I’ve run almost every day and been working out on top of that so I’ve been pretty sore. I’ve been to meetings, classes and church so pretty much non-stop going all week long.
So here is a story of Wednesday. My friend Katie May’s birthday is July 19th. She has said that sometimes that is sad for her because she never gets to celebrate it with her friends. On her actual birthday this summer she worked for 9 hours. Not cool. So I decided to make a huge deal out of her half birthday on January 19th. So last week I brought her roommate Lisa in on it and asked for her help. On Tuesday night we went to Walmart to get the supplies. We got back to my room and for over an hour blew up over 200 balloons. Here is the progression of the fun.
The beginning of madness…
Lisa due to her light-headedness I’m sure
Lisa and Sam (my roommate who erroneously believed she was going to sleep right before we walked in)
The Progression….
Not done yet….
Still not done and extremely light-headed
Finally Done! This took FOREVER but so worth it
Lisa!
Sam really did have fun, I guess this picture just depicts her frustration at being awakened right after laying down to sleep for the night.
Me and Lisa
Me failing at getting a picture of all three of us from above
After we were done it was past midnight and Katie had already gone to sleep so we very stealthily crept into her room and transferred all of the balloons to her room. They covered the floor and went all the way up to her bed. She stayed asleep despite the balloons that popped and only rolled over a few times to scare us. The next morning she awoke to amazingness and loved it. She said that she had heard gunshots in her dream…..hmmm. But the surprises weren’t finished. I wrote a fb message to her Marietta friends and told them to wish her a happy half birthday. Many of them did.
Wednesday night after I got back from church we popped all of the balloons with tacs. What took over an hour to create was gone in 30 seconds.
The aftermath
Then we went to Dairy Queen because what is a birthday without ice cream?
The lovely Katie May
Bestest Buddys
Hap Bir Kat Ma!
Then after Ice Cream we gave her the gifts we bought. Sticky things for her fridge and a piñata that we will bust open tonight! She was very happy with the whole day, which is good because that was the goal.
How fun! What a good friend you are! Great pics too!
ReplyDeleteyou are such a good friend. that's what college memories are made of. :)
ReplyDeleteHahah that's awesome! All the balloons are hilarious!
ReplyDelete