This past weekend two of my “little” siblings came down to Marietta for Lil Sibs Weekend and these are some of our adventures. Jordan (18 and 6’ something really tall) and Timmy (14 and looking me directly in the eyes) (hence the “little”) got to campus Friday evening just after dinner. We started the evening by going to the indoor track meet for awhile and watched pole vaulting. Then we went to the rock wall where I work.
Next we went for a “walk” around campus and other parts of Marietta and climbed some roofs and such, as should be expected from Duncans. Also, one of my soccer friends let us borrow a crap wheelchair she had used the previous week for a school project. Needless to say it was quite fun.
At one point I was sitting in the chair and Timmy was in my lap and Jordan was sprinting up the hill and then he hit the curb and we flew into the plants…..”That was totally wicked!”
Next we went to the foof room. Foofs are these giant pillow like masses that are super fun and bring out the inner child of people, myself in particular.
After the foof room we just chilled out in my room and played super mario on the wii until we went to bed. The next morning, I woke up and went running, my favorite, and after we had eaten and showered we started for our next adventure. We planned on going to visit Auntie Linda in Fairmont WV since it is less than 2 hours from my college, but we made a stop along the way. It was a beautiful day and so we pulled off onto this country road. From previous experience (aka last year) we knew that when pulling off onto a country road in WV you never do know what to expect, which of course is why we did it. This random road happened to lead to a campground. So we got out and tromped around the woods for awhile which I can’t explain why, but it is so much fun.
After over an hour of exploring we got back into Jordan’s car but instead of going back to 50, we continued down the country road. It literally took us to the booneys. There were shacks for houses and no cell phone service and it turned into a dirt road and there was this older couple just sitting on their front porch so we waved to them, and they waved back. We drove for about 6 miles and then turned around and drove back to 50, of course waving to the couple sitting on their porch as we passed again. We thought about stopping to talk to them but didn’t. I kinda regret it.
Then after much more driving we arrived at Auntie Linda’s. She cooked a wonderful meal for us of chicken-pot-pie and then fed us some delicious cupcakes.
Before and after dinner we played Quelf which is this really funny board game where you just do a bunch of random stuff. It was so good to be with people I love and have a good time away from campus and eat good food!
We drove back to campus later that night. Actually, Jordan let me drive…his car….it was interesting. I’m definitely getting better at manual transmission but I still don’t quite have the hang of it all. Plus I haven’t driven it since like August so, yeah. After getting back to my room we played some dancing games on the wii and then went to bed. The next morning we went to church. I got to play drums for the first time and it went pretty well. It was nice having my brothers there. After church they left :( and it was sad to say goodbye. We had a really good time though and made lots of memories. I love my brothers and look forward to next year’s adventures.
Love the videos! worked great. Silly boys
ReplyDeleteLol. When you make a million dollars as a engineer you need a foof room in your house. And then you need to invite me over. :) So glad you guys had fun.
ReplyDeleteA bit different from my Sibs and Kids Weekend experience, but it sounded and looked like fun nonetheless! :)
ReplyDeleteIt was so much fun and I miss you already. I'm holding the view that none of the pictures, videos, or descriptions we can give will ever do these experiences justice. Haha, love you :)
ReplyDeleteI watched the tire video four times. Jordan's yell at the end is hilarious.
ReplyDeletefun times!!! love you.