Well the semester is winding down and I am done working at the theatre and only have one more shift at the rock wall. Since I am “working” at the wall right now I figured I would share some pictures.
These are the only two I have of the rock wall besides the ones here. This is Katie very happy that she made it to the top and back down alive.
And this is basically what we do when no one comes in to climb. (My co-workers don’t know I have this haha).
These are the pictures I took of the transformation of the theatre. I helped to build these sets and had an awesome time doing it. Everything you see was built from scratch with POWER TOOLS! I will not be able to work there again next semester because I won’t have time during the soccer season, but I hope to be able to again in next spring. Oh, and the play that this was for is called A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. In case anybody cares.
Our first project was this round extra stage thingy.
Wow! Now it has stairs and there is a little framework up in the background.
I helped to build the frames for the walls and railings on the second level.
I also helped put up every wall onto the frames. Yay nail guns! The one leaning over the railing is my #1 boss David. I think it is cool that at the theatre all the professors go by their first names. We have a good time. The other guy is the foreman Nathan. He really doesn’t do much.
Starting to come together a little bit. See that lift? Yeah, I got to drive it several times. The first time was on my birthday :D
This shows a little bit about how hectic things can get sometimes.
This is Jeff, my #2 boss.
The final product!
The first house
The second house. They ruined my construction with those paintings but what can you do?
The third house. Those columns were a pain!
Just another view. And the heads of two co-workers.
Another view
That’s all, I have more pictures but they are basically the same stuff. I did get to go the musical and they did a very good job with it. And then they tore it all down in one day. The end.
Awesome sets! I know you had a blast working on them!
ReplyDeleteI know you worked hard on painting that naked lady's butt! tore it down in one day? that's sad.
ReplyDelete