Monday, September 2, 2013

My New Home

This past week I was out in the field from Tuesday to Friday.  I got to go to one of my own wells and track a plunger and shoot a fluid level the first day, and the next day we went to see all of the different well surface equipment that we use.  It was a good time, but I realized when I pulled in my driveway that I had missed my place, and it was good to be back.  I wouldn’t call it home yet, but it is my space, my get-away, and I really like it.  Saturday I was supposed to go to Dallas but the car I am borrowing started making some strange noises so I decided to put that trip off.  So I took the time to officially finish unpacking and organizing so I thought I would  share some pictures of my new place.

Front door (we are not allowed to decorate it)

coat closet (not sure that I will actually need those)

Message board

View of living room upon entering the front door

View of the living room from my kitchen

Awesome bookshelf

Love my family (need to get that updated I think someone is missing)

My plunger collection from Farmington along with a hydrometer from ND and an ESP impeller from Wyoming

Climax of awesomeness (Super comfy garage sale chair, pillow made with love by my Mother Dear, sweet IKEA lamp, and really-awesome-tree-painting from a dear friend)

My kitchen

Important things to note in this picture are the empty cookie jar on the right and my cool salt and pepper shakers

My fridge, with my food, that lasts me FOREVER because nobody eats it.  This food could last me for weeks people

Again, doesn't look like a lot but that is a solid 10 meals right there

Just one of my many candles

Dining room!

Close-up of my new dishes (and yes, I usually have a candle-lit dinner every night)

I made the bed especially for this picture

The right side of my room featuring my window and plants

The left side of my room featuring my soccer stuff (I'm eventually going to frame my other two shirts)

I keep Africa in my closet

My own not-ghetto closet.  Feels good to finally have it organized

Laundry (must be very careful not to whack my head on the corner when rotating from washer to dryer)

Probably my favorite part of having my own place is having MY OWN BATHROOM!

Stylish shower curtain   

Don't worry, I killed him, just thought the pic was somewhat ironic

3 comments:

  1. Super cute apartment! You've done a great job making it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EWWW! On the spider! Other than that, super cool! I CAN'T wait to come visit. You have more stuff up on your walls than I do and we've been in this house since March. I guess I should get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your place! Perhaps I will have to make a visit :) Also, I love the three connecting tree pictures in your living room!

    ReplyDelete