Sunday, September 1, 2013

Spaghetti

My family has a Sunday tradition that after church we all have a big spaghetti dinner together.  Well, today I didn’t make any spaghetti and here’s why; I made some last week.  Now, normally, with my super-sized family this statement wouldn’t make any sense because after Sunday there isn’t any left.  I even realized going into it last week that I would have to cut back from the usual recipe and I did.  When I made the sauce I only used half of what I normally do and it would have been fine except that when it came to the pasta….I forgot.  I invited a friend over and even sent him home with leftovers but there was so much that every lunch and dinner I made for my myself this week was leftover spaghetti…and there is still some.  So today, I thought it would be a good idea to try some baked oatmeal…

  A tiny little bit of what I made 

Yay! something new (this recipe is also cut in half)

4 comments:

  1. ha! how did the muffin tin work? that's a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works great for me, I have done it before.I like it because it is easy to get the portion you want and to throw it in a ziploc bag for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT! I think I need to use your muffin tin idea! That would be great for the kids. And slow them down some. You're so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks delicious.... I might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete