Monday, May 21, 2012

Church n’ Work

So literally for the first time in my life I had to find a church in a place where I didn’t know anyone, and more dauntingly, nobody knows my dad.  So I browsed the internet for a very long time and started to become discouraged because I really didn’t want to become involved in the “pre-millennial catching away of the saints of God” and such things as that.  I even tried typing in the ever-crucial keyword “kingdom” and only came up with a bunch of Jehovah’s Witness stuff.  Then my earthly father suggested this one church and I looked on there website and it seemed reasonable with a focus on impacting culture and such.  Plus they were flooded out last year so they met in The Vegas Motel only a few blocks from where I live.  Plus plus the name of the church is Northland Harvest Church which follows my post-high school pattern: Valley Harvest Church in Marietta and World Harvest Center in Farmington.  Plus plus plus I went on Sunday and they had some great worship and a solid word and I think it will be a challenging place and the people were super nice even though they didn’t know about my dad :)

Las Vegas

So that was Sunday, along with some spaghetti which I still make in too huge of quantities even though I tried cutting it in half. 

Today was my first day of work.  After circling the building a few times I finally found it, got my badge, got a tour of the office, and did a bunch of orientation stuff.  Not too bad but I will be happier to learn about petro stuff.  We got done early so I came back and did my soccer work-out which was a killer seeing as I haven’t done ANYTHING in 4 weeks.  I also got my membership at the Y which has a pool and a rock wall so I should be set.  And did I mention that there is an awesome soccer complex only 2 blocks from where I live?? Oh YEAH. 

Tomorrow I’m going to meet my mentor and get my office and the rest of the week is all scheduled for orientation and safety and driving etc… Which means by Friday I should have some new steel toes :)

Sorry no pictures.  I’m just not in the mood right now.  Ok, fine you got me.  I’ll put this one up for you. 

Soccer Fields!!! (ok, stop looking at the water tower. that part doesn't matter)

Cheers.

6 comments:

  1. Haha. We'll have to find another 3rd world country for you to leave your boots in this time around. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'flashy' new church. :) Glad you're settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post--so glad you found a "church"! We're excited about your adventures this summer--keep posting. Love you, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Babe! Glad you're settling in. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. plus plus plus plus...just had to say that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for once again allowing us to share in your adventures! Love ya girly!! Mandy

    ReplyDelete