Friday, May 25, 2012

Sink to me

So my roommate/ person renting my North Dakota summer home to me is remodeling.  This includes many various projects including painting, landscaping, and general remodeling.  One project in particular is the bathroom sink that wouldn’t drain.  Earlier this week we messed around with it by replacing some parts but it seemed to be clogged further back.  So we bought a snake to use. 

So tonight I decided to try and unclog it and realized that the clog was actually in the very next joint of pipe and it was rock hard and black and stunk something terrible.  I worked for awhile to chip it out and think I got most of it.  We need to go to the store and get another part that I had to cut off before we can see if it will work though. 

The snakey thing I tried using at first before I had to resort to a screwdriver and hammerSome parts waiting for the water to drain freely through it....won't that be a glorious dayOperations in the middle of the project, yuck! Mostly cleaned out, I think I am getting paid in cookies, they better be good :)    So that's why it wouldn't drain....

UPDATE:

It works!

My first plumbing job :D

3 comments: